Random Act of Kindness - Let's Spread Kindness During Covid-19 Coronavirus Crisis


I live in Australia and am currently in isolation with my husband and 13 year old son.
I am not teaching right now because I am on chemotherapy.  We are going to be in isolation for 3-6 months to minimise my risk of catching covid-19.  I am juggling the pressure of being a mum to a teenager who is distance learning, while juggling my health and keeping our family cheerful during this time of sadness and anxiety.  I am keeping my sanity through making products on Teacher Pay Teachers, Zooming with family and friends and enjoying time with my family and our dog Winston.




There is a huge body of research supporting the benefits of kindness.  According to University of British Columbia researcher Dr. David Hamilton, “oxytocin causes the release of a chemical called nitric oxide in blood vessels, which dilates (expands) the blood vessels. This reduces blood pressure and therefore oxytocin is known as a ‘cardioprotective’ hormone because it protects the heart (by lowering blood pressure).  It also  boosts your serotonin, the neurotransmitter responsible for feelings of satisfaction and well-being. Like exercise, altruism also releases endorphins, a phenomenon known as a “helper’s high.”
My parents live in San Francisco California and are in isolation due to their age. My husbands family are in isolating in New Zealand also relying on friends and family to help them manage.   We all feel so far apart and are only surviving thanks to random acts of kindness.  My groceries are being delivered by friends in the neighborhood and my parents groceries are being purchased and delivered by a kind neighbour.  None of us could survive this isolation without the kindness and generosity of others.  These moments of kindness are truly lifesaving to all of us. The kindness of others was the motivation for my family to complete random acts of kindness for people in our community, while stuck in isolation. We made a long list of things we could do.  This list was the inspiration for my "Random Acts of Kindness 2020 Covid 19 Edition".



A random act of kindness is a selfless act performed by a person or people wishing to either assist or cheer up an individual person or people. 


I have created this product to encourage the  spreading kindness and support people who are isolated during the corona virus crisis. It is a self directed product and uses Google Slides to allow teachers to support distance learning Send it out immediately to students and begin to spread the kindness around the community. There are suggested acts of kindness for kids, teenagers and the whole family.  

Challenge your teens, elementary kids and family to complete as many of these Random Acts of Kindness (use the teen or kids page depending on your age). I encourage you to share the Family Page with your household and complete them together.  On Page 6 you can also create your own page of Random Acts of Kindness that suit your own household and community. You could always encourage your family and friends to complete these and spread the kindness throughout your community during these difficult times.
Get your whole school community on board. Kindness will help get us through this crisis.
Most importantly, stay safe, stay healthy and be kind to each other.
Sarah Anne
#DistanceLearningTPT